dinsdag 22 april 2014

Two cheesecake recipes!

Oh wow, just wow!
I think I just found the perfect cheesecake recipe, and i'm so happy about that!

A friend celebrated her birthday last monday and asked me to make her three(!) birthday cakes. She wanted all cheesecake but I convinced her to let me make a red velvet one too.

I made a raspberry and lemon and a white chocolate version of the cheesecake. And used the same recipe on both, just made them totally different by adding flavours.

Here's what they looked like after:

Doesn't that look yummy?!

So, the recipe.. 

Ingredients

For the crust:

- 200 gr digestive biscuits 
- 75 gr butter

Filling:

- 600 gr cream cheese
- 250 gr caster sugar
- 150 gr natural yoghurt (I used full fat)
- 3 eggs
- 50 gr plain flour

For flavour I added to the white chocolate one: 
- 300 gr of white chocolate, melted au bain marie 
- vanilla essence 

Raspberry & lemon:
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons, juice of 1
- 200 gr raspberries


Now let's bake:

1. First preheat the oven on 120 degrees celsius and prepare a 24 cm round baking pan. I always put greaseproof paper on the bottom and butter the sides.

2. Then crush the biscuits in a food processor or in a plastic bag using a rolling pin. Melt the butter and mix with the biscuits. 
Push the biscuits into an even layer into the base of the cake tin and chill until needed.

3. Now grab a separate bowl and whisk together the sugar and the cream cheese. Next beat in the yoghurt and the eggs one at a time. 

4. Now you add in the flavoring with the flour. mix well. But if you're making the raspberry one, use only two third of the raspberries and fold them in the mix. Just crush them a little bit to get a nice swirl of colour in the cake mix.

Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the cake inside for another hour.

When serving, scatter with raspberries.

Enjoy! 
xx

(please tell me what you think of me writing in English instead of Dutch)












Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten